Trompe l'oeil has come a long way since the Baroque period. Think you are looking at rustic tin? Not so much. Crumpled paper? Gotcha again. Digitally produced materials, like the wallpaper from Bodie & Fou above, mimic other surfaces and play with our sense of perception.
1. Brooklyn Tins Wallpaper by Merci, from Bodie & Fou
2. Indigo Crinkled Paper Print Cushion from Suzanne Goodwin
3. Scrapwood Wallpaper by Piet Hein Eek, from Bodie and Fou
4. Chilewich Cowhide Runner from Horne
5. Rumpled Bed Duvet Cover from Urban Outfitters
(Images: as linked above)