What's the first thing you do when you wake up? Okay…AFTER you've hit the snooze button for the final time? We usually check our iPad for the weather report, especially on weekends when we like to get outside and hiking (June gloom always has us guessing). Here are a handful of apps for a variety of devices that will keep you knowing what's up whether the weather is offering rain or shine...
1. The Weather, City Edition, free: Bucharest designer and creative director Stefan Trifan created this minimalist Mac OSX screensaver to report on the weather now, today, and tomorrow for one city of your choice.
2. Typophone Clock ( Weather ), $.99: Get a quick read of current conditions with an app that smartly combines temperature and typography.
3. Weather HD, $3.99: You might actually start liking inclement weather when you watch it through this app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac OSX, which displays eye-popping, high-definition animated views of current conditions.
4. MyRadar Pro, $1.99: You’ll always know if you need to grab an umbrella with this no-frills app, which uses an animated weather radar to tell you if rain is headed your way (and even how fast it’s approaching).
5. Zinc Outdoor Thermometer, $38.00 And if you want your weather the old-fashioned way—by simply looking out your window—take a gander at this chic piece.