Although some may confuse the scene above with an Anthropologie photo shoot, it's actually a creative space by readers Jesi, Ryan and Aaron - a space that's just bursting at the seams with cheeriness and fun. Nothing, however, tops the splendid media wall that's accompanied by a balanced, industrious mix of personalized urban modern.
The running plywood creates a stark focal point in the room that runs along the wall and eventually finishes off with a wall-mounted wine rack. And suitably so - the space seems as much for entertaining as it is for kicking back and relaxing.
Not surprisingly, this space takes many design cues from the store Anthropologie. However, it's those personal touches of digital photographs blown large on a raw wooden wall and Apple TV feeding in the movies, photos, and entertainment that really tie together the warm and friendly environment inspires work every day.
Get This Look:
1. Plywood (Get some at Lowes or your local lumber shop)
2. VIZIO E320VL 32-inch 720p LCD HDTV ($330)
3. Canvas Prints (Try out Canvas Pop, they do a great job!)
4. Stack o' books (You can provide this one)
5. Lacquered Cabinet Media Console (IKEA has a similar version of this - we're not sure where the original came from. Any takers?)
6. Apple TV 2G ($99)
[Photos: Bethany Nauert]