Once in a while a great image will stick with you, where the color, texture, pattern and style all align to create a beautiful end result.
This image from Lonny of designer Callie Jenschke's home is such a favorite of mine that I decided to deconstruct the image and see if we could recreate the look.
1. A subtle Ikat print in black and white on the sheets is a complementary pattern to the bold coverlet and forms a subtle base. $130 from West Elm.
2. In the key piece of this look, an Ikat print coverlet in saturated hues adds warmth and brings the bed to life. Ikat Kantha Coverlet in Red, $169 from Loaded Trunk.
3. A brass pharmacy task lamp lends a bit of vintage charm to the room and functions as a practical reading light. Contemporary Pharmacy Floor Lamp, $144 from Rugs USA.
4. An off white satin pillowcase adds a bit of luxurious sheen to the mix.
Satin Pillowcase in Bone, $24 from Target.
5. A white matelassé coverlet breaks up the pattern play a bit, giving the eye a rest with its solid shade while still adding some texture to the mix. Marion Matelassé Coverlet, $169 from Pottery Barn
6. A wide gray and white stripped pillow in linen completes the look, tying together the colors, patterns and textures to create a rich layered effect. $35 from Pure Home.
(Images: Lonny Magazine, As linked above)