It is ski season, and the ski chalet has come a long way from its origins in the Swiss Alps as a seasonal farm for dairy cattle. Over time these farm chalets have evolved into the cozy yet modern ski cabins that we know today.
1. A gorgeous chalet in Switzerland from Mind Sparkle Magazine.
2. A guest bedroom in an Aspen condo from House Beautiful.
3. Winter Inspiration from IKEA.
4. A rustic retreat in upstate New York from Elle Decor.
5. The Weisergut, a new boutique hotel in the ski resort of Salzburg, Austria.
You don't have to live in the Swiss Alps to turn your home into a posh ski chalet. Here are a few iconic pieces to help you warm up your home with some mountain resort style.
Get the Look:
1. Eames Rocker in Sparrow from Design Within Reach, $519
2. Swiss Cross Throw from Haus Interior, $179
3. Sheepskin Rug from IKEA, $29.99
4. Lighthouse by Normann Copenhagen, £80
5. Oval Gathering Basket from HD Buttercup, $115
6. Snowmass Picnic by Slim Aarons, from Photographer's Gallery
7. Pierre Cowhide Chair from Room and Board, $799
8. Deer Antlers in Cast Resin from Restoration Hardware, $149
(Image credits: Mind Sparkle Magazine; House Beautiful; IKEA; Elle Decor; Just the Design; as linked above)