Using rugs, animal skulls and blankets with restraint and pairing them with mid-century and global classics gives the old southwestern look a new sophistication.
1. A Southwest-inspired look that's colorful and modern, from Design Sponge.
2. A modern, textured look seen on The Style Files.
3. Southwest goes modern with a black and white palette, as seen on Domino.
Get the look:
Clockwise, from upper left
- Kent Leather Sofa in White, Room and Board ($4998)
- Noguchi Coffee Table in White Ash, DWR ($1449)
- Souk Rug in Ivory, West Elm ($899)
- Kilim Pillow, Square, Etsy ($65)
- Steer Skull Horn, EBay ($55)
- Kilim Pillow, Lumbar, Etsy ($72)
- Lily Lamp in Grey, Schoolhouse Electric ($389)
(Image credits: Design Sponge; The Style Files; Domino Magazine; As linked above)