The molded plastic rocker, whether the authentic Eames variety or one of the many replicas, is a definite design classic. Originally designed by Charles and Ray Eames in 1948, we still see these stylish rockers in a lot of house tours and kids rooms today. To get the look in your own home, check out our resource list for this iconic rocker after the jump…
Authentic Eames Rockers
Authenic Eames Rockers are made in the USA by Herman Miller. Their shells are made from recyclable polypropylene. If you have the budget for it, the authentic chair is the way to go. The quality is definitely higher and the resale value will hold up better than a replica.
• Design Within Reach — Available in 10 colors, with chrome or black base and either maple or walnut rocker. $549
• Room and Board — Also available in 10 colors, with chrome base and maple rocker. $519
• Smart Furniture — Available in 10 colors, with chrome or black base and either maple or walnut rocker. $549
Replica Eames Style Rockers
If a $500+ rocker isn't in your budget but you still want to classic look of a molded plastic rocker, perhaps a replica design is in your future. Quality varies so be sure to read comments and Google around to learn which rocker will best suit your needs.
• Contemporary Furniture Warehouse — Available in 5 colors with chrome base and maple rocker. $125
• Modernica Available in 18 colors with zinc or black base and walnut or maple rocker. $435
• LexMod Available in five colors with steel base and a single rocker wood option. $160
(Image: Alex's Tribute to Her Travels)