Round dining tables tend to work great in small spaces, as evidenced in Ricardo's Spin On Mid Century Nostalgia kitchen. Whether placed in an eat-in kitchen or the corner of a living room, traffic flows easily around the shape of circular table. Pull up a couple of chairs and you've got a cute little dinner spot for two to four people. After the jump check out a roundup of 5 modern round dining tables, including Ricardo's adorable Tripod.
• Tripod Table from West Elm Ricardo uses this table in his kitchen, paired with vintage chairs. At only 30" diameter, it's a cinch for a small space. It's no longer available in yellow but you can pick up one of the other 3 colors: red lacquer, white lacquer and chocolate-stained veneer. $169
• Strut 36" Glass Top Table from Crate & Barrel The great thing about a glass top table is that it sort of disappears from a room's landscape a bit. $499
• TOO by Blu Dot Platten Round Dining Table from Target Available exclusively on Target's website, this cute table is almost 42", although owing to its slim lines it seems smaller. It's available in dark gray and the light blue pictured here. $299
• DOCKSTA from Ikea For the price, this table is an easy alternative to the classic Saarinen. At almost 42" wide, it's on the larger side but with its simple shape it will still read light in a room. $199
• Misewell 1/2 Nelson Café Table from Wayfair This two-tone dining table is produced by Milwaukee-based brothers Vincent and Paul Georgeson. Measuring 36", it's available in maple or walnut. $1,580
Images: 1. Ricardo's Spin On Mid Century Nostalgia House Tour; All others as credited above.