The living room in Pam & Bryan's Comfortably Creative Family Home has the perfect mix of neutral and bold. By keeping the walls and trim light and bright, the couple is given a lot of leeway for getting creative with furniture. Mixing a neutral boxy sofa with wild patterned chairs creates a playful look without overwhelming.
Of course, this is just a jumping off point for inspiration. You can shop around at flea markets and secondhand stores for wild patterned chairs and basic neutral sofas to achieve the look on a budget.
• Verano Slipcover Chair from Crate & Barrel $1499
• Mrs Godfrey Chair In Limitless Linden from Jonathan Adler $1795
• Sweep Upholstered Armchair from West Elm $599 - $749
• Max Accent Chair in Nomad Flame from ZGallerie $599
• Nube Armchair in Sarah Morris Fabric from DWR $3340
(Images: Pam & Bryan's Comfortably Creative Family Home; All others: As credited above.)