I'll admit it: I listen to Taylor Swift. In fact, I LOVE Taylor Swift. Sometimes, I'll listen to her songs over and over and over again. Cheesy pop makes me happy. The other day, in the midst of a YouTube video bender, I determined two important things: A. Taylor Swift is possibly the most adorable person on the planet, and B. I want to have a room that looks just like the set from 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'.
Have you seen this video? I have, a lot, and the more I watch it the more I fall in love with its whimsical, Scandinavian-design-meets-Sesame-street look. It's a lovely mix of textures and patterns that is modern and funky and cozy all at once. The pièce de résistance, of course, is that amazing trompe l'oeil knit wallpaper; once I found something like that, everything else fell into place.
Pictured above, clockwise from top left:
- Trompe l'oeil knit wallpaper by Koziel
- Vintage cat painting from Simply Chi (find similar items here)
- Antique bulldog portrait plate, $95.00 from Unfocused
- Moose faux taxidermy head from Tillie and Tweedle
- Velvet cushion, $29.00 from Urban Outfitters
- Faux bois lamp shade, $99.91 from Lamps Plus, and orange lamp base, $245.30 from Wayfair
- Monarch bed, from $699, from Land of Nod
- Rag rug, $19.00 from Urban Outfitters
- Amigurumi bluebird, $11.00 from Cage Free Fibers