Bilbo's homestead features a lot of intricate woodwork. If you can't afford to hire a carpenter for floor to ceiling pine, go for the faux bois look in the form of wallpaper or accents. Remember, hobbits love small details too, so don't be afraid of soft, colorful pieces in your study space.
Even though The Shire is full of underground houses, there is still lots of opportunity for warm and colorful pieces that add light and softness. That's why Bilbo's home features so many throws and pillows. I think Bilbo would approve of the affordable Mayan inspired pillow pictured above. Every great reading corner should feature a small piece of storage for your newest magazines and books. A vintage milk crate is the kind of thing I could imagine a hobbit re-purposing. Add a sturdy chair with a cool textured pattern and you'll be set up in front of the fire for hours.
Here's what's featured above:
- Wandering Pleats Curtain ($148)
- Two Tone Accent Chair ($215.99)
- Faux Vintage Milk Crate ($24.99)
- Terra Kilim Rug ($399)
- Mayan Medallion Pillow ($34.00)
- Walnut Electric Fireplace ($399)
- Set of Cylinder Wall Vases ($49.99)
- Map of Middle Earth ($24.99)
- Martha Stewart Living Faux Bois Wallpaper: ($25.96)