Wellness isn't just a part of your life. It is your life. And yet, so many of us let our health fall to the wayside while we worry about money and distract ourselves with pleasurable pursuits (like finding the perfect sofa). But at some point, you'll have to come back down to Earth and realize that your wellness can and should be a top priority.
If it feels like health is an area of your life that's out of balance, try to narrow down why you feel that way. What exactly about your current state leaves you feeling like it isn't in the right place? Does your diet need fine tuning? Is it that your sleep habits or fitness habits aren't quite what you know they should be? Or do you simply not have enough time to dedicate to the cause?
Find Harmony at Home
In order to bring your life into balance, it can help to see a top-down, bird's-eye view.
Once you've figured out that wellness is something you need to work on, the next step is figuring out what it would take to bring you back to your ideal health. And once you've identified exactly what needs work, here are some ideas to help you on your way.
To feed your body with good food...
- Work up to a better diet with small changes: Eat a Healthier Diet by Hacking Your Daily Routine
- Make good changes stick: The Secret to Success: How To Turn Your Diet Into a Lifestyle Change
- Eat better on a budget: How to Trim Your Grocery Bill (& Still Eat Well)
To stay hydrated...
- Hack your brain: 10 Tricks Guaranteed to Get You to Drink More Water
To get a better night's sleep...
To squeeze fitness into your day...
- Make it part of your routine: 8 Sneaky Ways to Fit in a Workout Every Day
- Find something new to do: Fitness for Free with 5 Seriously Fit Hobbies that Don't Cost a Dime to Get Into
- Walk just a little bit more: 21 Ways to Sneak Extra Walking Into Your Day (and Hit Your 10,000 Step Goal)
- Find ways to stay motivated: How To Trick Yourself Into Working Out... Every Day
To become a healthier person, overall...
- Work up to it: 10 Small Changes that Will Ease You Into a Healthier Day
- Make it habitual: 6 Habits Healthy People Do Differently
- Take advantage of small changes: The Surprising Everyday Things that Have Really Kept Me on Track with My Health Goals
- Learn from the best: Secrets of People Who Are Always Full of Energy