Google has been very busy lately rolling out new tools like Google+ and revamping Gmail. We’re sure most people have gotten a sneak peek of what the new Gmail is going to look like. We liked it so much we couldn’t wait to get it, so instead of waiting for the changes to come to us, we decided to get the new Gmail theme now.
Here’s how you can get the new Gmail theme right now:
1. Click into Mail Settings
2. Select Themes from the top tab menu
3. Scroll to the bottom and select either Preview or Preview (Dense)
Now that your Gmail is stripped of clutter with a clean interface, you can apply the same change to your calendar as well. After applying the new theme to your Gmail, click on Calendar and it will appear in the same theme.
Although applying the new theme is mainly cosmetic, there are a few changes that come with it. For Gmail certain buttons have changed such as the Spam button, which now says Spam instead of Report Spam. The new theme will also create a better, seamless experience when it comes to viewing Gmail on your computer to mobile to a tablet.
As for Google Calendar, here are a couple new features to expect in the coming weeks:
- Your Calendar and Other Calendars will not be displayed with color backgrounds. Color coordination will be represented through arrows next to the calendars.
- Buttons will be visual icons – the Print button will now be a printer, the Refresh button a circular arrow, an alarm clock for reminders and a person icon for guests, etc.
- The mini month view calendar under the Create button is collapsible using the small gray arrow.
How do you feel about the new changes for Gmail and Google Calendar?