For any part time or full fledged crafter, keeping an organized space can be one of the most challenging parts of being creative. Who wants to sit down and unwind with your favorite hobby when the very environment is enough to cause a panic attack? Check out these great home craft spaces for organization inspiration and get ready for creativity to strike again!
Whether you have just a small corner of your home, or a whole room dedicated to your crafting hobbies, you can be organized and productive in your creative endeavors. Here are some tips from the photos above:
- Turn a closet into a crafting haven. Just using some portable storage pieces and utilize shelving to organize your supplies.
- Create stations for each activity. An area for sewing, a space for paper and glue, and even a space for the kiddos to join in.
- Keep supplies in separate and labeled compartments. If it gets too cluttered for your piece of mind, keep everything stored under a table and hide the visual chaos with a pretty piece of fabric or the ol' standby- doors!
- Utilize vertical space! A wall mounted shelving system or pegboard will do wonders for keeping supplies within reaching distance.
- Old typist trays make great organizers for stamps and other small items in your crafting collection.
- Corral paint brushes, pens, and other tall tools with pretty jars and baskets. They will make your space more visually inspiring, and also keep your tools in a handy reachable location.
- Hanging fabric and other large scraps can be more effective to sort through than keeping them piled in baskets or other difficult to navigate spaces.
- Be sure to keep inspiring art and past projects on your walls in in your sight to keep you motivated to create new things.
Images: 1: Amanda Johnson; 2: Debee Campos; 3: Ali Edwards; 4: Jennifer Johner; 5: Rachel Denbow; 6: Elsie Flannigan, 7: Danielle Thompson; 8: Burbs and the Bees