Calling all January Curists: How is your Outbox looking? Is it full? Is it sparse? Have you disassociated with the items in there already or does something keep calling to you? Once the decision regarding the fate of your Outbox items has been made, what are you going to do with all your stuff? Follow me after the jump for some ideas…
- Take a picture of your stash and send it to friends and family. See if there are any takers. It's always nice to see your once loved belongings starting a new life in another's hands — and you'll get to check on them every now and then.
- Is there anything in your outbox appropriate for a homeless shelter? They are always looking for clothes, toys, videos, furniture, accessories, etc. Find your local shelter and donate to them.
- Head to your big charities like Goodwill, Salvation Army, Boys and Girls Club and St. Vincent dePaul.
- If there is anything of value, you can sell it on Craigslist or to your local thrift or consignment store.
MORE CLUTTER-BUSTING ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• 25 Places to Donate Your Stuff
(Image: Alysha Findley)