A twelve-foot sculpture of a woman bathing in the middle of Hamburg’s Alster Lake causes quite the controversy, with locals calling the installation an “eye-sore.” In other news, Rdio beats Spotify to the punch with an iPad app, precious metal antiques are being melted down as dealers fear gold and silver prices, new solar panels look like beautiful leaves growing up building walls, and Damien Hirst prepares for a massive worldwide exhibition.
Check out more news and headlines after the jump.
• Larger than life: Hamburg's lady of the lake sculpture branded an eyesore | Daily Mail
• Rdio Launches Official iPad App, Beating Spotify and MOG | Read Write Web
• Art Treasure at Risk of Meltdown on Record Prices for Gold, Silver Futures | Bloomberg
• Sprouting Soon: Solar Panels Sculpted As Artificial Leaves | Fast Company
• A Hirst Extravaganza | NYTimes