Guys are notoriously hard to shop for, more often than not when you ask them what they want the response is a shrug or a grunt. Here is my interpretation of what that shrug really means after a little "market research" on my part. Here are gifts for the guy's guy on your list. Read: beer, facial hair, grilling and more beer.
1. Nail Bottle Opener $22 Uncommon Goods
Rugged design, with a built in magnet to hold caps in place.
2. Custom Dry Rub Spice Kit $12 Craigs Market on Etsy
Choose six spices from an extensive list including, Classic Creole, Caribbean Jerk, Beef Tarragon and Louisiana Cajon. Perfect for master of the grill.
3. Shaving Mug Set $40 Dirty Deeds Soap on Etsy
Comes complete with a vintage mug, beer soap, a boar bristle brush and "The Art of the Manly Shave" instructions.
4. "A Field Guide to Typestaches" Poster $24 Old Tom Foolery
Poster of "Typestaches" with names such as "Mr Baskerville" and "Mr Cooper Black". Love typography? How about mustaches? This is the poster for you.
5. Gingerbread Ale Beer Making Kit $40 Brooklyn Brew Shop
Beer kit comes complete with everything to get you started on perfecting your own homebrew. Seasonally appropriate Gingerbread Ale is the perfect answer to the winter months ahead.
6. The Mini Koo $70 Koostik
A solid wood mini-speaker for your iPhone that amplifies the sound through simple acoustics. Also available in full size and for the iPad.
7. Man Plans Moleskin Trio $24 Big & Mighty on Etsy
Trio of classic moleskin notebooks for you to jot down your "Man Plans", "Shop Thoughts", and "Grill Logic".
8. This Way Up Leather Flask $42 JCrew
A classic flask in silver and leather, complete with straightforward instructions on intended use, "This Way Up".
9. The Very Many Varieties of Beer $25 Pop Chart Lab
A graphic illustration of the beer "family tree". If you assume this means Budweiser + Miller Lite, this probably isn't the poster for you.
Images: As credited above.