Beautiful wrapping ideas have been popping up everywhere lately. Some of the handmade items are so simple and elegant, I started wondering why I buy conventional wrapping paper anymore. Here are a few of my favorite gift wrap embellishments for recycled brown paper bags...
Brown paper provides a natural backdrop, lending itself to many opportunities for wrapping options. Waste less with alternative paper sources and enhance your paper with these easy little projects.
1. These fabric bows are sure to be reused, I mean, how could you throw them away? From canvas to burlap to sheer stiff cotton get creative with materials, or even better use things you already have at home. Via poppytalk. Get the step by step at For the Love.
2. White pen, washi tape and ribbon are the perfect accompaniment to a paper bag. Sketching your own simple prints with white pen creates a great contrast against the dark brown paper. Via decor8.
3. Add a pop of color to brown paper with a poppy flower gift topper. With a little chiffon or lightweight satin, some black tulle, thread, and this video tutorial, you'll be producing poppies like a pro. Via Creature Comforts.
4. A few stamps, like these from Ink and Wit make a lovely printed paper and can be used year after year. Layer stamps and colors for different affects, wrap with twine, and the results speak for themselves. Via design sponge.
5. Revert back to childhood with pipe cleaners! Braid or twist them together to wrap your gift and hold a custom made gift tag. Via Oh Happy Day.
Images: As credited above.