Looking for something other than the standard golfing or fishing themed gifts for Father's Day? Whether he's a design aficionado, or you want to give him a glimpse into your world, these classic modern design goods would make great gifts for any Dad!1. Symphony Mobile, $68 at Museum of Contemporary Art: This black wood mobile, designed by Ole Flensted, is a visual symphony in three movements.
2. Eames: The Architect and the Painter, $22.46 at First Run Featuers: Released last year, this documentary is the first film to be be made about Charles and Ray since their deaths, and delves deeply inside their artistic collaboration and love for one another.
3. Harman Kardon Soundsticks III, $159.99 at Amazon: Part of the permanent collection at New York City's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), music lovers have been enjoying these sleek speakers for years.
4. Iced Coffee Maker by Bodum, $45: If Dad's a coffee drinker, Father's Day falls at just the right time of year to switch over to the cold brewed stuff. This french press will brew coffee overnight and keep it fresh with a handy sealing lid.
5. Cycloc, $82.99 at Modern Bike: A well-designed and practical storage solution for dad's wheels.
6. Eames Hang-It-All, $169 (on sale) at Hive Modern: Give his office a little punch of color and playfulness with this class wire and wood ball rack.
Rachel is an Chicago-based architect and LEED Accredited Professional. When she's not designing homes, she enjoys spending her free time traveling, gardening, and playing with her french bulldog.
Read more from Rachel »