Whether you're trying to save money, trying to DIY your way through the holidays, or simply want to give more personal gifts this year, I suggest gifting some artwork. I love framing letterpress cards and old family photographs and right now is the best time to motivate yourself to get it done for friends and family. Jump below for 10 affordable ideas for giving art this Christmas.• Frame Inexpensive Prints: Like these from newly launched Cactus and Quail. For $40 and the cost of a frame (s) you have great artwork and are supporting local artists.
• Let Them Eat Cake Prints: from Jordan and Paul Ferney are a great gift for an avid baker or lover of cakes. Each Giclee Print is 5x7 and if you order three or more today (December 3) you can get 25% off your order.
• Vintage Ship Painting on Ebay: Ebay is a great place to find vintage paintings for cheap, especially if you like anything kitsch of one of a kind. This painting is currently going for $50 with the auction ending tomorrow morning. Check out these search tips!
• Commision an Unusual Family Portrait: like this one from Akihiro Furutas can be as simple as donning some silly garb and setting the camera on timer. If you need more inspiration for off the beaten path portraits check out this post.
• Vintage Polaroids. Raid your families old photos or go back through your own to find a triptych of photos worth framing for a friend or family member. Many of us have tons of old photos lying dormant in boxes. Breathe new life into them by getting them up on the wall in front of people who would appreciate them! We love these polaroids from Mark's Awesome Austin Apartment.
• Found Object Artwork: This Lettpress Art Idea reminded us that with a shadow box and some found objects (that either are themed based on something sentimental or around something aesthetic) you can create something one of a kind.
Images: as linked above