Bathrooms are intimate spaces, and not just because we're in various stages of undress while we're in them. The decor of a bathroom can share what someone wants to feel when they are most exposed. Some bathrooms exude calm or power. My dream bathroom is about feeling pretty.To me, pretty has long been synonymous with pink. It has the added bonus of helping to create flattering light, so a rosy hue in the bathroom is a great choice. This soft blush shade of paint is more prim, less princess. And I love the glamour of a vanity in the bathroom to maximize the beautiful pink glow while getting ready.
Paris is about sophistication, a mix of traditional and new. The dark wood floors modernize the space, while the graceful lines of a clawfoot tub keep it classic. The vintage postcard-style drawings of Europe on the wallpaper and the sleek black chandelier add a playfulness to the space that would make every day feel like a game of dress up.
• Double slipper clawfoot tub, Vintage Tub, from $1,300.
• Mirrored vanity & seat, Horchow, $349.90-$699.90.
• Paris 30-inch vanity, Overstock.com, $765.99.
• Beveled glass mirror, Unique Mirrors Online$228.
• Currey & Company Ovation chandelier, Neena's Lighting, $651.
• C'est Magnifique Wallpaper, Anthropologie, $88.
• Powder Blush, Benjamin Moore.
• Black Oak Herringbone floor, Architonic.
Images: as linked above.