It has been a few years since I fell hard for a beautifully perfect and tragically expensive chandelier — Ochre's Arctic Pear. Let me be the first to tell you that time does not
in fact heal all wounds, at least those having to do with envy. What it does
do is give a determined design blogger a chance to seek out some alternatives. Although in my mind nothing quite compares to Ochre's flawless version, I've been happily surprised by the number of runner-ups. While they range in style and material composition, all of the following possess at least a tiny touch of that whimsical, unfussy take on elegance so often absent in the typical crystal chandelier:
• 1. Ochre's Artic Pear Chandelier. The real deal. Ranging in size from 17¾” D -47¼” D and in price from $3,690.00 - $8,900.00.
• 2. Robert Abbey's Bling Flush Mount in Polished Nickel. Also available as a chandelier and wall sconce. $550
• 3. Pottery Barn's Clarissa Glass Drop Chandelier 13" diameter, 19.5" high $399
• 4. John Salibello's Multitiered glass drop ceiling fixture. This looks similar to a ceiling mount version of Pottery Barn's Clarissa with round drops.
• 5. Aristocrat Lighting's Drop Crystal Chandelier CAD $425
• 6. zgallerie's Jupiter Chandelier 19.75" $399
• 7. Wrapables's Glass Globe Chandelier available with black or white shade. $199.95
• 8. Mini Two-light Crystal Chandelier at Overstock, $80
• 9. West Elm's Glass Link Chandelier, 11.02"w x 24.2"d x 33.86"h. $299
• Eibert Draisma Pendant Lamp Vino Glass at High Fashion Home. D. 50cm, H. 38cm, L. 150cm. $299
Images: as linked above