I have a non-problem: I had so much free time over the long Thanksgiving weekend that I was able to tackle all of the holiday cleaning and decorating around our home. Without a spare inch of mantel space to add another sprig of pine, my sights have turned to find anything else I can get my hands on to add some glittered or gilded holiday cheer. Nothing is safe.
My phone especially could use some sprucing up. And thankfully, there's lots of inspiration that's easy, fast and cheap (so there's more cash for gifts). From painting with glitter nail polish to free phone wallpapers, each of these is a project that can be tackled at home with next to nothing.
1. Try on a glittery wallpaper for your phone's lock screen, like this glitter chevron from Shrimp Salad Circus.
2. Or "paint" on a pattern with metallic gold leafing. Via Oh Happy Day!.
3. Try making or buying metallic vinyl stickers to tack on polka dots or another motif. Via The Sewing Rabbit.
4. Paint the power cord with glitter nail polish, like this one on For Chic Sake.
5. Do the same thing with loose glitter and a glue like Mod Podge (Love Feast Table).
6. Loose glitter and glue can also be used to cover the entire phone case, according to Desire and Inspire.
7. Or, cover just part of it with a patterned stencil à la Crafts Unleashed.
8. Create a pattern with a sprinkle of metallic confetti perfect for New Year's Eve, from Whimsey Box.
9. Check out this Stripes & Glitter wallpaper from Jenny Bevlin.
10. And last but not least, there's this golden and glittering "hello" background from The Wonder Forest.
(Image credits: Shrimp Salad Circus; Oh Happy Day!; The Sewing Rabbit; For Chic Sake; Love Feast Table; Desire and Inspire; Crafts Unleashed; Whimsey Box; Jenny Bevlin; The Wonder Forest)