I'm of the mindset that a bit of glitter and shine improves almost anything. If you're one to agree, here are five festive DIY projects that will add a little shimmer to your next shindig.
- Susan of 100 Layer cake hosted a Bastille Day birthday party for her twins that included a golden paper garland (we'd hang it in a photo booth).
- Differently-sized (and painted) styrofoam balls make a strand of shimmery orbs. DIY from A Subtle Revelry.
- A kid craft supply gets a grown-up makeover with these pipe cleaner cake toppers from Say Yes to Hoboken.
- Say what's on your mind: a glitter message banner can work for any occasion. DIY from Creature Comforts
- Wispy coffee filter flowers (spotted on the Art Glitter Blog) take a glitter dip, and make for a chic arrangement.
(Images: as credited above)