3. Beautiful Blue Clips Campanula add a striking color to gardens, and unlike some other ground-covering plants this one is deer resistant!
4. Better known as Sweet William, Soapwort contains saponin in its roots, a toxin which produces a lather when in contact with water, making this plant useful as both a blanket of blooms and a medical marvel!
5. Crownvetch is an incredibly resilient ground-cover, easy to grow and manage with the added benefit of choking out weeds.
6. I have to admit, as much as I love all those little flowers there is something magical about moss. Pictured here, a checkerboard pattern of moss at the Tofuku-ji Temple Garden in Kyoto, Japan
7. Lemon Thyme is a wonderful addition to any garden. This ground covering herb won’t overtake other plants, and its bright rimmed miniature leaves release a delightful fresh citrus scent when rubbed between two fingers.