The extreme cold temperatures gripping much of the country this winter have many of us going a little stir crazy (yes, I am hands down one of them!). Fortunately, the Winter Olympics are right around the corner, which will at least offer up some entertainment in my self-imposed house confinement. In the spirit of the Olympics, here are 15 gold-medal worthy DIY projects to try your hand at while taking in a few skiing or figure skating events.
1. Gold Leafed Ikea Desk Hack from Style Me Pretty.
2. Gold Leaf Feather Art from Desert Domicile.
3. Gilded Terracotta Pots by Design Sponge.
4. Thrifted Chair Goes Gold by Brittany Makes via Apartment Therapy.
5. DIY Gold Leafed Ceiling from Eric's Stylish, Sunshine-Filled House Tour by Apartment Therapy.
6. Gold Leaf Jewelry Tray by Homey Oh My!.
7. Cement + Gold Leaf Planter by Ruffled via Apartment Therapy.
8. Gold Leaf Lamp Shade by Design Sponge.
9. Gold Leaf Light Switch Cover by Sarah Hearts.
10. A Glamorous Gold Leaf Desk Makeover by IKEA Hackers via Apartment Therapy.
11. DIY Gold Confetti Dish by Vitamini Handmade via Apartment Therapy.
12. Gold Leaf Chair Upgrade by Design Sponge.
13. DIY Gold Leaf Canvas Art from Innovative Interiors.
14. Gold Leaf Lampshade by Cohesive Randomness.
15. Papier Mâché & Papier Japonais with Gold Leaf Accents by My Little Fabric.
(Image credits: Ruth Eileen Photography for Style Me Pretty Living; Desert Domicile; Design Sponge; Brittany Makes; Adrienne Breaux; Homey Oh My!; Ruffled ; Design Sponge; Sarah Hearts ; IKEA Hackers; Vitamini Handmade; Design Sponge; Innovative Interior; Cohesive Randomness; My Little Fabric)