As a Professional Organizer and a small space dweller, my number one tip for maximizing space is going vertical. Whether it be with shelving, over the door racks or thinking outside of the box, vertical space is where it's at. A few favorite solutions broken down, after the jump!
- Love to bring the outdoors in but have little floor space to showcase your succulents? Try a living wall.
- For the wine lovers in the group, these cool wine organizers painted white showcase your favorite vintages without taking up counterspace.
- Family photos make any house a home. Utilize empty walls by creating an art wall full of lasting memories.
- Shoe storage is a challenge for most small spaces. Think outside the box and repurpose a vintage ladder.
- Empty drawers dressed up with paint and decorative paper make perfect vertical display spots for your home decor.
- With bike enthusiasm on the rise, creative storage for these unwieldy items is key. A minimalist pole shows off the bike while keeping it out of the way.
- This homeowner applies a similar solution in the kitchen to store pots and pans.
- Shoe storage in the closet goes vertical with a bright red canvas organizer.
- Repurposing a shoe organizer in the entryway closet makes use of the back of the door (keeping useful items accessible).
- Who would have thought to utilize the vertical space on the side of the fridge? Genius!
(Images: 1. Roundup: 9 Inspiring Vertical Gardens, 2. Look!: VintageView Wine Bottle Racks at Caffe Falai, 3. 4 Small Space Solutions In One Space, 4. Look! Creative Shoe Storage Using Ladders, 5. Roundup: Drawers As Vertical Storage, 6. How To Build a Vertical Bike Rack Using Spare Parts, 7. Go Vertical! Vertical Pot Rack Built with IKEA Parts, 8. 3 Easy Organizing Tips, 9. Look!: Hannah's Shoe Storage, 10. Creating More Work Surface in the Kitchen, 11. Roomark: Jeremy's Lovely Vertical Kitchen Storage, 12. Small Space Solution: Going Vertical, 13. Tips For Making A Small Apartment Feel Bigger, 14. Look!: Inspiring and Organized Corner Offices, 15. Making The Most of Your Space Going Vertical)
- Adding open shelving in the kitchen often reads charming and cozy (not to mention keeps your countertops clear of clutter).
- We also love taking open shelving in the office space where active items are within easy reach.
- How about a modern twist on the open shelf? Yes please.
- Classic, comfy and cozy, a home office tucked in the corner that operates like a large space.
- Teeny bathroom? No problem. This homeowner goes vertical and adds a top shelf that supports extra storage space in the form of a cabinet.