We generally favor bright and white kitchens for their clean and classic look. But these examples of gray kitchens have us thinking differently. What if the kitchen was a moodier, calmer room than we generally imagine?
This could work especially well for often windowless kitchens in small apartments. After all, small rooms don't always have to be painted white (or light). Especially in a kitchen without natural light, dark and dramatic gray could be a solution. If you're lucky enough to have a windowed kitchen, gray is still gorgeous:
• 1 Everything in this kitchen from Martha Stewart is a bit muted. The cabinets are light (but not quite white), that dark charcoal stone backsplash anchors everything down and even the box beams are even painted gray.
• 2 This kitchen by Ernestomeda looks particularly small yet sleek.
• 3 gray cabinets with stainless countertops from Living Etc.
• 4 The cabinets and mosaic backsplash introduce a gray ground into this bright kitchen. Love the touches of orange. Via DecorPad.
• 5 The concrete floors of this modern shaker kitchen are complimented by gray-painted cabinetry. Looks terrific with the natural wood island. Via Canadian House and Home.