I believe that your bed is the most intimate place in your house. After photographing numerous Apartment Therapy House Tours, it always interests me to see what people keep next to their beds. Whether it be an alarm clock, stack of books or photographs — what you sleep next to, may say a lot more about you than you realize.
Are you a perfectionist? Are you a bookworm? A mother? A student? A designer? What we do comes to a rest when we get in bed and go to sleep, but what we see right before we go to bed and right when we wake up is left at our bedside day in and day out. It may be a jewelry box, some flowers, a journal or just a glass of water. Here are 10 stylish and yet very different bed sides that hint at the owners personality in subtle ways.
1.Leia + Jesse are creative and crafty people, it's no surprise we found books, vintage magazines and a full knitting set with tons of yarn next to their bed.
2. Evan + Greg's night stand is styled to perfection, it's no wonder Evan's an interior decorator.
3. Greg + Anthony mix coffee table books and simple modern lighting
4. Emily + Erick kick off their shoes and climb in bed to read a good book and enjoy a cup of tea
5. Erika's night stand shows off her love of photography with coffee table books and a vintage camera
6. Jeff + Joe's night stand simply provides a reading lamp and a remote, as they sleep under several framed miniature chairs.
7. Harriet's night stand is home to a luscious green plant, offering a burst of color in a very softly lit bedroom
8. John's bed side table is actually a vintage suitcase, which provides just one luxury - a reading lamp.
9. Jordan's bed side table was a converted amplifier, big enough for his stack of books and a few other decorations.
10. Kara + Ken's night stand shows off her collection of necklaces, a jewelry case and a little iPod stereo for some tunes.
Question: What's next to your bed?
Images: Bethany Nauert