And while I love my Sonicare as much as the next girl, design-wise I tend to favor simple brushes that look less like elaborate running shoes and more like what they actually are. These toothbrushes get their pizazz from ergonomic shapes, cool materials and yes, even pops of color.
1. Not only are Preserve toothbrushes recyclable after you've used them, they're made from 100% recycled plastic sourced from yogurt cups. Available from Preserve.
2. These rainbow brushes avoid countertop germs by hooking onto your cup, shower caddy or cabinet. Available from GoodJoyDesign.
3. It may look like a straight razor, but this foldable Brillo toothbrush from METAPHYS is a handy travel tool. Available from AssistOn.
4. Although it's only a prototype, this genius device pre-loads your brush with a measured amount of toothpaste so it's travel-ready with one step. Designed by Kawamura Ganjavian.
5. These handsome Izola bamboo brushes assure there won't be any mix-ups when guests arrive. Available from Amazon.
6. These cool Japanese toothbrushes are ergonomic, made of corn plastic, and they're about the edgiest thing I've ever wanted to put in my mouth. Available fromYumaki.
7. The rounded, weighted handle on this prototype will rock but won't fall due to its low center of gravity. Designed by Ryan Harc
8. Okay, so it's not a real toothbrush, but check out this genius Colgate ad campaign to remind kids to brush their teeth! Created by Y&R Agency, Bangkok, Thailand. Via Toxel.
(Images: As linked above)