My Fiance and I just purchased our first home, and are desperate need of some help with out Kitchen. I would really like to figure out how we can take that large refrigerator and make it standout a bit less while also opening up the space and adding a small return with stools...
Email questions and pics with QUESTIONS in subject line to:
Link To All Good Questions
Any ideas on what we can do? We realize gutting the place is our
best bet, but not sure of direction yet (IKEA or HD). Please see the
attached picture for a late 70's flashback.
You have a really easy kitchen to remodel when you're ready and we would recommend IKEA.
In the meantime, we would do the following to give it a quick makeover:
1. replace the fridge with undercounter model
2. top new fridge with butcherblock
3. paint all cabinets in semi gloss light color or off white
4. paint kitchen!
5. lay down a Chilewich or Bolon floor covering in a color that will warm up the room
6. install a more contemporary pendant lamp
Here are a bunch of good links that you might find helpful: