What do I do about the old faux finish that was painted onto my soapstone and marble fireplaces in my apartment? I have spent an eternity peeling off the creamy white paint. I tried using both a metal and a plastic scraper and these just scratched up the stone. I also tried using a heat gun, but this took forever and wasn't as effective as using my fingernails!
Email questions and pics with QUESTIONS in subject line to:
Link To All Good Questions
Is there any solvent that is relatively safe to use? Or does anybody have any other suggestions? I can't bear to look at the half peeled off paint any longer! Also, any suggestions on what to do about the unsightly interior of these non-working fireplaces?