If anyone can solve this problem, I know that the mavens of Apartment
My new and otherwise wonderful apartment is presenting me with a
monumental design problem: my bathroom has a bright green sink and
Email questions and pics with QUESTIONS in subject line to:
Link To All Good Questions
What can I do, short of ripping them out, to make this bathroom work?!
Even though you have a total mismatch going on here, we sorta love your bathroom. Black and white is classic and the green is a lovely shade - AND because it feels as if there is some black in deep in the green, they are working together on a distant level.
A high end solution would be to rip it all out and start again - but isn't that always the case?
A more interesting, creative solution would be to go with the green as your inspiration and tie it into the rest of the bathroom. Black and white are neutral so they won't clash if you allow the green to lead the way.
- fix all the grout and the wall in shower
- install shower rod
- remove metal hooks on upper left
- install nice new toilet seat with metal hinges
- paint the walls a soft offwhite green (color)
- install luxurious white shower curtain on metal rod (brightness)
- install soft white shower mat (to cover tile floor a bit)
- purchase white or soft "sea-foam" green towels