Hello AT, Can anybody give me tips on how I can make a headboard like those designed by Philip Starck for the Paramount Hotel. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Brian Wow, this is a tough question! We haven't seen the headboards at the Paramount in person, but it looks as if they are framed images which are silkscreened on a hard backing (so it says).
Finding a frame and a board for backing is easy enough (Note: the frame will be expensive), so the question really becomes how do you silkscreen or make a really nice image that big? If you don't mind lo-tech, you can use the Rasterbator to generate a large version of any image you have on your computer. Your printer quality will be the only holdback here. If you want high tech, options we can think of include:
- Professional large scale photo printing - Call Spectra for info
- Local poster printers who can silkscreen:
- Glaowen Poster & Printing - 445 5th Ave, New York, 10016 - (212) 447-0159
- Poster Printers The - 1607 McDonald Ave, Brooklyn, 11230 - (718) 375-3113
- R & C Poster Print - 294 Leonia Ave, Bogota, NJ 07603 - (201) 342-4111