Good Questions: How Can I Protect Hardwood Floors from Water Damage?

Pin it button big

Hello AT,

I recently moved to an apartment that has hardwood floors in the kitchen.

Since standing water can damage a wood floor, I was looking for hints for how to protect the area around the sink, where spills and drips most commonly occur.

I am trying to stay away from a regular rug since it's a kitchen and I don't like the idea of having rugs in the kitchen.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks! Ana

(Note: Include a pic of your problem and your question gets posted first.)

You Might Also Like

Promoted Stories


Renovating, Flooring, Good Questions

Maxwell left teaching in 2001 to start Apartment Therapy as a design business helping people to make their homes more beautiful, organized AND healthy. The website started up in 2004 with the help of his brother, Oliver.