I am writing this into you even though I edit over at Apartment Therapy. Earlier this week I dropped a thermometer onto the floor (everyone in our house is sick with the flu) and mercury ran all over the floor in the bedroom. I understand that mercury is poisonous, what I also learned was that it's really hard to clean up. When I tried to wipe it, it ran away. I finally tried to vacuum it and I think it worked, but there could be small bits on the floor and the rest is definitely in the vacuum now...
So the question is: how worried should I be about loose mercury? and how do you clean this stuff up? Ursula, our 15month old, is ALL over the floor and I want to make sure that she's safe.
Does anyone have any tips or advice?