Okay, here's the challenge, because my mom and I have both been searching for forever: she loves placemats for the old wood dining table, but not just any placemat. We're looking for ones that are stiff (but not heavy wood) and plastic-coated so you can easily wipe them down between meals. Crate & Barrel will occasionally have some for summer, but she wants them for year-round use (without them being a cheesy 90s-era flower pattern). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Here are our top eight placemats. They all guarantee to be wipeable between meals and we're almost positive they're all stiff (but not heavy). Some websites gave very good descriptions and some--not so much.
- Crate & Barrel; Romani Placemat
- Modern Twist; Damask Filled Steel Blue on Clear
- Bed Bath & Beyond; Tetra Ellipse Placemat
- Plushpod; Foam Veneer Placemat
- Bed Bath & Beyond; Bamboo Square Placemat
- Dillard's; Wilton Court "Batu Lacquer" Wooden Placemat
- Placemats.com; Lady Clare Brown Leather placemats
- Crate & Barrel; Capiz Shell Placemat