This list of "noble truths" is originally from an old Chicago mag called 8 Track Mind and is currently quoted on an 8 Track fan site, but we found it via Bohemian Hellhole, so this quote has traveled a long way. BUT that doesn't make the ideas to ponder any less fresh and applicable to money management, design and life in general:
1) State of the art is in the eye of the beholder.
2) Society's drive is on attaining rather than experiencing.
3) In less than optimum circumstances, creativity becomes all the more important.
4) Progress is too often promises, promises to get you to buy, buy.
5) "New" and "improved" don't necessarily mean the same thing.
6) "Naïve" is not a dirty word.
7) In seeking perfection has the obvious been overlooked?
8) Innovation alone will not replace beauty.