Broken iPod, old phone, busted computer. Most electronics die sooner or later. We all know you shouldn't just throw them in the trash, and this is especially true now that there are so many resources out there to collect and pay cash for your electronics. We've rounded up a go-to list for the next time your phone bites the dust...1. Gazelle: Gazelle will give you cash for your old cell phones, laptops, gaming consoles, camcorders, video games, and hard drives. They pay for the shipping, and they'll even send you a box to put it all in!
2. Buymytronics: this company will also buy old and used electronics off you, including iPods and iPhones, cell phones, smart phones, and game consoles. They'll even give you an instant quote online.
3. Greenphone: Bet you can't guess what this company deals with...! Just kidding. While they recycle all phones and accessories, but they'll only pay you for working phones and PDAs.
4. MyBoneYard: after registration, MyBoneYard will pay for in-bound freight by providing a pre-paid shipping label that you print on your own printer. They take music players, flat panel screens, camcorders, digital cameras, cell phones, game systems, PCs, laptops and GPS devices.
5. Recycle Bank: this company is an all-inclusive recycling center that awards you points which you can then redeem for rewards and special offers from vendors such as Bed, Bath & Beyond, CVS, and Earthbound Farm Organic.
6. E-cycling Center: this is a great database that will show you the reuse, recycling, and donation programs in your area.
Anyone else have favorite recycling resource suggestions?
Image via Damage Control