I see yard sales as necessary evils. As an accumulator of stuff (it's an occupational hazard), I inevitably end up with a basement that needs to be cleansed AT LEAST once every twelve months. It's that time of year again, and a couple of weeks ago I stopped dragging my feet and pulled some stuff together for a sale. Long story short: about two people came and bought stuff.
I'm going to act as your cautionary tale and inspire you to do everything right when it's your turn. Here are Apartment Therapy's best tips for getting rid of your crap, whether it's a traditional yard sale, or a virtual one.
- Sell Your Stuff: Tips for a Successful Yard Sale
- Tips for Having a Garage or Yard Sale
- Money in Your Pocket: Tips for Hosting a Garage Sale
- How To: 10 Tips for A Terrific Tag Sale
- Tech and Tips for Your Next Yard Sale
- Sell Possessions Effectively Without Using eBay or Craigslist
And if, after all this, you can't quite find the energy to stand outside your house all day, there's always our Classifieds!
(Image: Dabney Frake)