If you have a static family photo or landscape wallpaper on your desktop, you're missing out on an opportunity to boost productivity with a customized desktop to supercharge your computer, whether on a Mac or Windows machine...
Buzzfeed contributor Alex Naidus rounded up 28 beautiful examples of customized desktops, including the lovely desktop organizer template used by Design Love Fest above. The list of screenshots includes both PC and Mac customizations, all which turn the typical screen into a hardworking command center of information without sacrificing style.
Some of the super productive add-ons seen on Buzzfeed's list include calendars, weather widgets, usage meters, music players and a whole lot of desktop icon organization.
- Rainmeter (Windows) - Add info widgets to your desktop in a ton of attractive styles and themes.
- GeekTool (Mac) - A customization application for Mac, with similar information and entertainment plug-ins.
- Custom Icons - Substitute out the stock icons on both Mac and PC for icon families that better suit any style.
- Fences (Windows) - A tool that lets you group desktop icons into containers—not folders—for better sorting and easy stashing.
- Sectioned Wallpapers - Sometimes, all that's needed for optimal organization is a simple background divided into buckets for like-minded icons and shortcuts (like this IKEA-inspired one). This post on Lifehacker is a great resource for sectioned wallpapers and how to use them. The one pictured at the top of this post is a wallpaper contest winner from Design Love Fest.
More info and images: Buzzfeed
(Images: Design Love Fest, ibadatqayyum/Buzzfeed)