Last year, I highlighted some of the most glamorous games out there for both indoor and outdoor fun, with a special post just for chess sets. While they were all insanely gorgeous, let's just say that Chanel croquet sets don't come cheap. This spring, here are a few games that require a little more time and a lot less money.
- Caitlin of I'm A Transplant From California made this gorgeous backgammon set for her backgammon-loving man. I'm making a note of that grey wood stain for future projects.
- Bags! Classic. The DIY Network has a great tutorial for making a custom regulation bags/cornhole game.
- In the mood for something a bit more whimsical? Instructables came up with this fantastic Alice In Wonderland-inspired DIY Croquet set. Love the hedgehog balls!
- Design*Sponge has a sweet little tutorial for making these darling heart dice.
- A Beautiful Mess made these charming and minimal dominoes, and you can, too.
- Sunset Magazine came up with an oversized backyard Scrabble set- very cool but much harder to "accidentally" knock over if you're losing terribly.
- Checkers was my favorite game as a kid, so I love the idea of having a checkerboard always at the ready. This rustic checkerboard table from the DIY Network would look cool even when a game's not in progress.
- This canvas checkerboard from Martha Stewart is so cute and easily portable.
(Images: as credited above.)