You're tired of solid paint colors and you can't find a wallpaper you really love. If your walls need a kick, and your style is a bit more daring, would you consider grafitti?
The look can range from skater chic to more subdued (and surprisingly elegant). Whatever your style, your wall is guaranteed to be completely original.
- Street-style graffiti makes for a dramatic statement in a young skater's room by Rawlins Calderone Design.
- Designer Sabrina Vavra creates a more traditional look with scrawled lettering.
- Graffitied panels add style to a black-and-white dining room from House to Home.
- Geometric patterns in pastel hues are unexpected in an otherwise austere space from Chadbourne + Doss.
- In this 1962 photo, courtesy of Stephanie Lake Design, designer Bonnie Cashin put her favorite quotes on the wall of the home she called Tantamount.
(Images: As linked above.)