So over seeing gray skies when you throw open those window treatments in the morning? Replace disappointment with charming, colorful glass cheeriness in the form of contemporary, sun-catching (or, winter light, at the very least) stained glass to hang in your windows.
Spaces with stained glass in modern styles:
1. Nicola Marc via Desire to Inspire
2. Ace Hotel Los Angeles via Design*Sponge
3. The Souk at Abu Dhabi Central Market (by Foster + Partners) via Dezeen;
4. Some lovely modern glass in a New York apartment by Halona Glass, founded by 3rd generation self-taught stained glass maker Twiggy Levy.
5. A shot of the Fig House by Richard Cao via The Judson Studios
For those with smaller budgets or rental pads, we've found some you can purchase and hang in front of your windows:
1. Stained Glass Elements: Chevron Arrows (set of 3) by Bespoke Glass Tile from Etsy, $98
2. Openwork Honeycomb Stained Glass (set of 3 Sectionals) by Bespoke Glass Tile from Etsy, $115
3. Stained glass suncatcher by She's My Arts Delight from Etsy, $10
4. Potted Plant by Halona Glass, $55
5. Geometric Triangle Stained Glass Window Panel in Blue by Flux Glass from Etsy, $145
More stained glass inspiration:
(Image credits: Nicola Marc via Desire to Inspire; Ace Hotel Los Angeles via Design*Sponge; The Souk at Abu Dhabi Central Market (by Foster + Partners) via Dezeen; Twiggy Levy of Halona Glass ; Fig House by Richard Cao via The Judson Studios; As linked above)