The chicks have already flown the nest . . . and now, so have their parents. But what to buy for empty nesters who have relocated? Like your friends who moved downtown and now love takeout noodles? Or your Dad, who finally bought that lakeside cabin? Help them celebrate in style with one of these chic, useful housewarming gifts.
Luckily, since they probably have all the essentials already, you can have some fun finding unique items they may never think to buy themselves.
1. Perfect for cooks – dried herbs tied in a pretty swag. $40 at Williams-Sonoma.
2. A good-looking puzzle to perch atop your uncle's Soduku books. Wood Puzzle $50 at General Store.
3. A cleverly-designed press that can be used for tea or coffee. Duet Tea Infuser/ Coffee Press $50 at Horne.
4. 1. Replace their worn-out plastic utensils with this lovely modern set. Chef's Kitchen Utensils $50 at Gretel Home.
5. A succulent terrarium will look gorgeous when they're home – and stay alive when they travel. Succulent Terrarium, $30 at Succulent Design's Etsy Store.
6. Stationary for the mom who loves to write handwritten notes (especially to her kids at college). Assorted Hello Cards, $18 at Rifle Paper Co.
7. A box of delicious candy bars that they won't have to share. Mini Exotic Candy Bar Library, $25 at Vosges.
8. A hammer/swiss-army knife to replace the oversized toolbox they gave you when they moved. Ultimate Hammer Tool, $15 at House 8810.
9. A coffee table book full of excellent advice – plus an undeniably cool cover. Wisdom: The Greatest Gift One Generation Can Give To Another $31.50 at Amazon.
10. Pair these multihued chopsticks with a gift certificate from the local noodle shop. Rainbow Chopsticks $25 at MoMA.
Images: As linked above.