Home might be an old farmhouse or a new loft, but no matter what space you call home, it can always use a few fresh ideas. If you're looking to add a modern twist to your digs, try taking a few tips from these marvelous modern spaces.
• Cut A Rug (Or Rather Your Carpet): Just because you purchased those new carpet tiles in square form doesn't mean they have to stay that way. Even though you'll have to do a little leg work, you'll be rewarded for your efforts. Try mixing and matching subtle colors for a pattern that doesn't overwhelm.
• Unusual Decking: These days you don't have to have horizontal boards with lawn chairs to call your outdoor space a deck. Try being creative with the type of wood used, the direction it's placed and even the shadows it will cast. Changing little things can give you a whole new look.
• Less Is Always More It seems the new goal in home decor is to trim down the items you live with to just those that are needed and loved. The appearance of more space, wide open floor plans and uncluttered shelves and artwork can be a simple way to jazz up your space — even if it's less than modern in design!
• Fabric Can Warm Up Anything: You might live in a loft, a small studio or a bland apartment that doesn't have much going on in the way of design. No matter what space you call home, fabric (and possibly a side of plant life) will warm up any room in a snap. Hate pillows and throws? Don't worry, there's more ways to put the soft stuff to use. Try turning it into doors and walls and remember — go from floor to ceiling wherever possible!
• Light, Bright & Bold: A little pizazz goes a long way, but in a fresh space having something that gives light or bounces it around is a bonus. Try shiny things (even if you have to spray paint them), a bit of neon or a bold color to help out.
Have you seen something fabulous from a modern space you'd like to recreate at home? Share your links and ideas in the comments below!