In the thick of winter, sometimes it's nice to have a little hideaway inside. Check out our roundup of some fun and attractive indoor playhouses.
1. Kinkeli-hut: If you speak Norwegian, you might be able to order one of these; if you are super handy, you could build your own.
2. Thicket from Cheeriup: Perhaps the most unusual of these playhouses, the Thicket is made from willow branches and other natural materials, and it can withstand either indoor or outdoor play.
3. Puzzle Playhouse from Modern Playhouse: So easy to assemble and requiring no tools, you can set this house up for a day of play and then take it down for storage.
4. Kyoto Indoor Playhouse from Smart Playhouse: Inspired by Japanese avant garde architecture, this playhouse also has special safety features, like a door that doesn't touch the frame to avoid squished fingers.
5. No Place Like Play Home Rocketship from Land of Nod: A cross between a tent, a playhouse, and a rocketship, this play canopy takes up little space and requires no assembly.
6. Wooden Playhouse from Stumpy Lumpkins: Justin Ferro of Stumpy Lumpkins hand builds these playhouses in Vermont.
7. Reading Fort at Small + Friendly: We've seen this "lounger" before, but add a curtain and suddenly you have a fort for reading or playing.
8. Picture Playhouse from TinyFolk: If you have a big enough cardboard box, you can create one of these on your own. Otherwise, you can order one from TinyFolk.
(Images: as linked above)
MORE PLAYHOUSES ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Open Ended Playhouse
• A Playhouse Under The Stairs
• DIY Playhouse Tablecloth: Transform Your Dining Room Table!