There aren't any cleaning chores that are specific to the bedroom. It's not like the living room which might have a fireplace or the garage which could have an oil spill, instead you'll be using the same tips you use in the rest of the home. Using them all in conjunction makes for a great space that's happy and healthy for sure. Here's a few to brush up on:
• Use Natural Floor Cleaners: While hardwoods might require sweeping and a green cleanser, carpet requires thorough vacuuming to remove all the pet hair, dander, dirt and dust bunnies from under the bed.
• Keep Your Linens Natural: Although good, organic linens aren't always in the budget, they are a great investment and will truly put your mind (and body) at rest through the night. Check out a good roundup here!
• Use Eco-Friendly Laundry Soaps: Knowing that you'll be getting a clean and chemical free sleep session is true peace of mind. Carry on the tradition with your clothes and curtains as well. Here's a few of our favorite laundry products to freshen up with.
• Purify That Air!: Although it might seem you spend your time in other rooms of the house more often, you spend 1/3 of your life in bed. Think about all the sleeping and mouth breathing, pets, open windows and the gunk that can waltz right into your sleep palace. Keeping an air purifier in the bedroom is one of the best things you can do for your health, allergies or not!
• Dust Daily: Now we know what you're thinking... who has time to dust their bedroom daily? Once you start you'll quickly notice how often things like lampshades, nightstands, floorboards and more can collect dust. Especially during the spring and summer months when our windows are wide open for a nice breeze! So get to dusting and try a microfiber cloth so you aren't just redistributing it around the room.
Do you have a bedroom cleaning trick? Is there something that you're always glad you cleaned that gives you a better night sleep? For us it's always the ceiling fan, what's yours?
(Images: Paul and Lisa's Green Dream Home)