• Give your sponges the green treatment: Use eco-friendly sponges and disinfect them naturally. See Kitchen Sponges: 5 Tips for Greener Cleaning for products and tips.
• Make your own cleaners: Baking soda, vinegar, and a lemon are all you need to Make Your Own Kitchen Cleaners like all-purpose cleaner, garbage disposal freshener, sink or stovetop cleaner, and microwave cleaner.
• Scrub the stove naturally: Here's another tip for cleaning the stove with nothing more than hot water.
• Harness the power of lemon: Any time we're about to toss a lemon in the compost, we use it to scrub the sink or a cutting board first. Lemons can also be used to remove limescale, freshen up the dishwasher, and polish copper pots.
• Freshen the fridge: Is your refrigerator smelling a little funky? Here are some quick ways to Deodorize the Refrigerator.
• Use non-toxic pest control: Ants, roaches, flies, oh my! Keep your kitchen bug-free with these tips for De-Bugging Your Kitchen and Bath, How To Prevent & Get Rid Of Pantry Moths, and How To Make a Fruit Fly Trap.
• Don't forget to clean under the sink! Check out Green Clean Makeover: Under The Kitchen Sink.
More Green Clean Makeovers:
• Green Clean Makeover: The Living Room
• Green Clean Makeover: The Bedroom
• Green Clean Makeover: Under the Kitchen Sink
• Green Clean Makeover: The Entryway
• Green Clean Makeover: The Garage
(Image: Cambria Bold)