Just yesterday, we were discussing with friends the worst part about moving: cleaning the place you're moving out of. Because we know we're not the only folks going through this, here is a green cleaning checklist for what we like to call the Big Clean.Though we've done this a time or two (or ten), it never seems to get easier. But we can offer some pointers on how to make it as green as possible.
• Clean the mold.
• Don't forget the tub, the mirrors, and the floors.
• Clean the stove and oven.
• Prepare yourself for cleaning the fridge, inside, outside, above, and below.
• Dig to the depths of the pantry. If you're not up for transporting food, be sure to donate it if at all possible (or give it away to friends or coworkers).
• Clean windows. 'Nuff said.
• Baseboards and walls. Wipe down with vinegar and a towel.
• Spot clean the carpet.
• Dust. Sweep and mop. Vacuum. In that order.
And of course, watch out for these five problem areas.
(Image: Flickr member kaiton licensed under Creative Commons.)